We are looking for a senior UI/UX developer for our growing Sentient Prime team. Sentient Prime is the world’s leading subconscious consumer behavior research technology platform—globally scalable and platform agnostic across PCs, tablets and smartphone devices.
Ideal candidates will have either formal education as a UI/UX designer or have worked professionally as both a designer and developer at points in their career.
Finally, the ideal candidate must share our team’s passion, integrity, drive and creativity in building something the world has never seen before, which will change the face of consumer behavior research and the understanding of human decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pixel-perfect, responsive UI development for computers, tablets and smartphones
- Leverage your mastery of sophisticated UI development technologies to inform and help define both the UX and creative direction
- Work with other developers, senior leadership, scientific experts and product designers to brainstorm and test new ideas and prototypes
- Drive to continuously maintain the highest product quality
- Collaborate with senior leadership to drive product roadmap and feature development
- Collaborate across departments (design, sales, marketing, research, customer support) to understand user needs, prioritize new features, communicate product rollouts, and create technical documentation
- 10+ years experience as a engineer, with at least the most recent 5+ years in a SaaS-based application environment for both computers and mobile devices
- Comfortable in a native design environment (Photoshop, Sketch, etc) and have a good grasp of the tools that are representative of the industry
- Demonstrable experience bringing creative vision and complex UX workflows to life in high-performing web applications
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages, such as Python or C#
- Experience with both creating and consuming JSON-based RESTful APIs
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills in order to effectively handle multiple projects at a time.
- A proven track record of working with designers and leading developers to accomplish things the world has never seen
- The ability to dive right into a big project and manage it from start to finish
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
- Knowledge of UX principles such as wireframes, user flows and information architecture
- Exceptional problem solving and decision-making ability
- Experience working in rapid development cycles (2-4 weeks)
- Familiarity with common collaboration tools like Git, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- Obsessively thorough with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Comfort and competency with asset creation tools, e.g. Photoshop or GIMP
- Experience with backend-development in PHP or ASP.NET is a plus
- Experience with Performance Optimization for web applications
- Extensive experience with CSS “pipeline” tools, specifically SASS
- Strong background design, ideally having done design work in the past
- Familiarity with AWS services is a plus: EC2, SQS, S3, ELB
- Passion for – and ability to absorb and adhere to key scientific principles guiding the execution of our research technology platforms
- Compensation will be commensurate with the quality of the candidate’s portfolio, an indication of how quickly he/she can ramp up on both our technology as well as on the general principles of behavioral research, and how effectively he/she can illustrate a shared passion in achieving unprecedented success in the behavioral research industry
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.