Implicit Research Techniques: What Qualifies & Why
In order to cross the chasm to broader adoption, many important questions for insights managers and marketers need to be answered including:
- What qualifies as an implicit research technique?
- What are the appropriate use cases of implicit research technology?
- What insights can implicit research techniques provide above and beyond explicit techniques?
- Should implicit techniques be combined with traditional explicit techniques, including when and how?
- Providing a practical industry definition of implicit research techniques and providing examples of how implicit research technologies (e.g EEG, biometrics, behavioral response association measures) meet the criteria.
- Introducing a use case grid with advantages and disadvantages of both implicit and explicit techniques across applications.
- Sharing a new research-on-research case study revealing how adding implicit data more accurately forecasts future sales data.
- Demonstrating a case study on how to effectively combine implicit and explicit data into a single, more predictive, consumer behavior forecasting model.
- Readers will be exposed to broader definition of implicit research technology, gain knowledge on when to use implicit research techniques, take away practical insight on why and how to incorporate implicit techniques into their research programs.
Download the “Is it Implicit” white paper to learn more.
Joe Sauer, SVP, Managing Director, UK & EU at Sentient presents new sonic research at GreenBook's Insights that Work. The event was full of innovative market research case studies and we were excited to present our groundbreaking research on how...
Join our talk "Fixing Retail’s Weakest Link: Using Sound to Transform the Consumer Payment Experience". Joe Sauer, SVP, Managing Director, UK & EU at Sentient will present at NPD Food & Drink Conference. Revealing insights into how sound can...
Creating a Super Bowl ad is always challenging, but the gamebook for Super Bowl LV ads had many potential fumbles to navigate amid a global pandemic, political unrest, economic peril and the ongoing fight for social justice. The stakes for pulling...