Implicit Research Techniques: What Qualifies & Why
In order to cross the chasm to broader adoption, many important questions for insights managers and marketers need to be answered including:
- What qualifies as an implicit research technique?
- What are the appropriate use cases of implicit research technology?
- What insights can implicit research techniques provide above and beyond explicit techniques?
- Should implicit techniques be combined with traditional explicit techniques, including when and how?
- Providing a practical industry definition of implicit research techniques and providing examples of how implicit research technologies (e.g EEG, biometrics, behavioral response association measures) meet the criteria.
- Introducing a use case grid with advantages and disadvantages of both implicit and explicit techniques across applications.
- Sharing a new research-on-research case study revealing how adding implicit data more accurately forecasts future sales data.
- Demonstrating a case study on how to effectively combine implicit and explicit data into a single, more predictive, consumer behavior forecasting model.
- Readers will be exposed to broader definition of implicit research technology, gain knowledge on when to use implicit research techniques, take away practical insight on why and how to incorporate implicit techniques into their research programs.
Download the “Is it Implicit” white paper to learn more.
By Jeremy CloughFebruary 14, 2020Here at Sentient, we are SWEET on advertising. We spend a lot of time searching, gazing and experiencing the effects of all kinds of ads. Great advertising has the ability to touch our hearts, stimulate our minds and...
By Aaron ReidFebruary 6, 2020Google’s "Loretta" will end up being one of the most emotionally engaging ads in 2020. The storytelling is so captivating and memorable that viewers sat glued to their screens, willfully letting waves of positive and...
Can negative emotions be effective in advertising? Sentient looks at Mint Mobile’s “Chunky Style Milk”.
By Aaron ReidDecember 5, 2019Sentient recently presented insights on Mint Mobile's "Chunky Style Milk" at IIeX US in Boston this year. We were so intrigued by the results on emotions that are out of the ordinary that we wanted to learn more on how...