Implicit Research Techniques: What Qualifies & Why
In order to cross the chasm to broader adoption, many important questions for insights managers and marketers need to be answered including:
- What qualifies as an implicit research technique?
- What are the appropriate use cases of implicit research technology?
- What insights can implicit research techniques provide above and beyond explicit techniques?
- Should implicit techniques be combined with traditional explicit techniques, including when and how?
- Providing a practical industry definition of implicit research techniques and providing examples of how implicit research technologies (e.g EEG, biometrics, behavioral response association measures) meet the criteria.
- Introducing a use case grid with advantages and disadvantages of both implicit and explicit techniques across applications.
- Sharing a new research-on-research case study revealing how adding implicit data more accurately forecasts future sales data.
- Demonstrating a case study on how to effectively combine implicit and explicit data into a single, more predictive, consumer behavior forecasting model.
- Readers will be exposed to broader definition of implicit research technology, gain knowledge on when to use implicit research techniques, take away practical insight on why and how to incorporate implicit techniques into their research programs.
Download the “Is it Implicit” white paper to learn more.
By Jeremy CloughJuly 2, 2020Anyone who’s spent significant time in consumer insights, decision science, or behavioral science has probably executed or commissioned a Choice-Based Conjoint (CBC) research project. But no one currently working in these...
By Jeremy CloughJune 18, 2020Dr. Reid explains how to combine business and social KPIs into insights that matter in this Masterclass “Avoid the Damage of Advertising Missteps in This Moment.” at IIEX FORWARD 2020. Researchers today can't simply ask...
By Jeremy CloughJune 12, 2020This informative webinar "Lay Low or Light It Up?" with Dr. Aaron Reid illustrates how testing the emotional impact of advertisements can help brands make sure their message is right for the moment. Dr. Reid highlights the...