market research analyst, subtext
Sentient Decision Science is a behavioral science-based research and consulting firm. Sentient was created to bring the visionary advances from the behavioral sciences to the business community in a practical and accessible form in order to move global business forward.
Sentient Decision Science is seeking a Research Director to join our team of researchers, behavioral scientists and technologists in our Portsmouth, NH or Scottsdale, AZ locations.
Your Role is Critical to Subtext’s Success Sentient Insights is seeking a curious and detail-oriented Market Research Analyst to support Subtext® – the only ad test that reveals how emotion changes the minds of consumers towards a brand. As a Market Research Analyst on the Subtext product team you will be creating studies to evaluate advertising creative, utilizing advanced behavioral science-based technologies. This is a growth opportunity to learn and apply advanced behavioral research technologies. Location is flexible, but is preferably located at Sentient Decision Science headquarters in Portsmouth, NH where you will be working with the team in SDS’s brand new office building downtown, complete with a science lab and an open, collaborative work environment. This role will report into the Director of Subtext within Sentient Insights and work in tandem with Subtext storytelling, Client Service, and Technology teams to operationalize our best-in-class advertising product and drive business value. This role will architect and manage data and sampling providers and solutions, program and manage quantitative surveys, apply statistical analyses, and build client presentations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use online survey programming software to build online surveys, updating questions, logical flow and quota assignments.
- Assemble videos, imagery and other visual content needed for advertising tests.
- Create facial coding, eye tracking and implicit association experiments to test advertising creative.
- Monitor data collection from online sample providers, tracking survey results and progress on a daily basis.
- Process and merge data into comprehensive data crosstabs, comparing significant differences across test conditions.
- Identify process and product improvements for more efficient data collection.
- Communicate data in a standard reporting format in PowerPoint, building charts and visuals to clearly present scores and underlying data drivers.
- Quality check survey programming and client reports.
- Review and code qualitative responses
- Work closely with the Subtext Operations and Insights team to coordinate timely project delivery
- Regularly update and contribute to the Subtext Ad database
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan, profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance. Flexible remote working policy.
- • Bachelor’s degree
- • 1-2 years of experience of survey research in a professional or academic setting
- • Proven statistical/mathematical and analytical skills, familiarity with survey programming software.
- • Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- • Attention to detail and keen eye for process, consistency and accuracy.
- • Strong written & oral communication, and collaboration skills that enable clear and concise communication of data issues and analyses that can be understood by a broad audience
- • Organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and deadline pressures
- • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- • An enthusiastic, resourceful attitude and problem-solving approach to challenges and unknowns
- • Ability to visualize and communicate workflows and processes effectively at every step of research project management.
- • Strong curiosity and passion for understanding human behavior.
- • Background in Behavioral Psychology, Sociology, Market Research, Marketing & Advertising, Business Operations, Computer Science or related fields is preferred.
The beautiful and charming Portsmouth, NH.