Strategic research analyst, Subtext
Sentient Decision Science is a behavioral science-based research and consulting firm. Sentient was created to bring the visionary advances from the behavioral sciences to the business community in a practical and accessible form in order to move global business forward.
Sentient Decision Science is seeking a Strategic Research Analyst, Subtext to join our team of researchers, behavioral scientists and technologists in our Portsmouth, NH or Scottsdale, AZ locations.
Your Role is Critical to Subtext’s Success
Sentient Insights is seeking a Strategic Research Analyst, Subtext to architect fact-based narratives and perspectives for blue-chip brands and clients. Reporting into the Director for Subtext, this is a vital role for a growing storytelling competence. This is a unique growth opportunity responsible for mining and telling the stories that matter by helping brands connect empathy with business outcomes.
You will join our growing Subtext storytelling team within Sentient Insights, and work across and within a team of consultants, analysts, and marketers to evaluate advertising creative. You will become an expert at utilizing Sentient Insights’ best-in-class behavioral science-based advertising product, Subtext®, the only ad test that reveals how emotion drives impact. Qualified candidates carry a curious, creative, and critical skillset. Location is flexible, but is preferably located at Sentient Decision Science headquarters in Portsmouth, NH where you will be working with the team in SDS’s brand new office building downtown, complete with a science lab and an open, collaborative work environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Discover, Integrate and Facilitate fact-based stories on the effectiveness of advertising.
- Work closely with the Subtext team to validate and deliver evidence-based narratives.
- Communicate dynamically in PowerPoint, in conversations, in software project tools, etc.
- Evaluate advertising creative to provide macro (strategic) and micro-level (by second) suggestions.
- Become adept at storytelling, understanding the foundation of insights, themes and narratives.
- Become an expert in Sentient’s Subtext® proprietary design, technology, and techniques.
- Find new ways to investigate and inspire Sentient’s clients.
- Mine advertising, marketing and business data to inform a view of relevant and actionable insights.
- Work with the Subtext® team. to generate, present, and publish documentation related to case studies, executive summaries, and industry presentations.
- Work with the Subtext® Operations team to improve team efficiency and productivity.
- Collaborate with design on videos, imagery and other content needed for advertising tests.
- Monitor, edit, and proof final product prior to client meetings.
- Identify process and product improvements for bettering client presentations.
- Communicate in a standard reporting format in PowerPoint, enhancing charts and visuals to clearly present underlying insights and headlines.
- Work closely with the Subtext® team to coordinate timely project delivery.
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan, profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance. Flexible remote working policy.
- • Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college. Master’s degree preferred. Background in Marketing & Advertising, Market Research, (Behavioral) Psychology, Sociology, or related fields is preferred.
- • 1-2 years of experience writing market research results.
- • Feeds off enthusiasm, resourcefulness, resilience. Possesses a gritty problem-solving approach to challenges and unknowns.
- • Comfortable across market research techniques, from sampling, to survey design, to quantitative statistical analysis. .
- • Detail-orientation with haste. Much work in Subtext® Insights requires quick, deep thinking and specific communication.
- • Experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- • Experience with statistical software packages, like SPSS and Q, and applying statistics to solving business problems.
- • Right combination of critical thinking, entrepreneurial resourcefulness and creative mindset.
- • Interested in detailed analysis, as it relates to a bigger picture purpose
- • Strong curiosity and passion for understanding human behavior.
- • Proven statistical/mathematical and creative, intuitive and insightful analytical skills.
- • Attention to detail and keen eye for process, consistency and accuracy.
- • Organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and deadline pressures.
- • Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
The beautiful and charming Portsmouth, NH.