Director of Research Technologies
Sentient Decision Science is revolutionizing market research and advanced behavioral research technologies to move global business forward. We are looking for a Director of Research Technologies to build our industry-leading, globally scaled research platforms that incorporate non-conscious research techniques, facial coding, eye tracking, artificial intelligence and more.
Sentient Decision Science is seeking a Director of Research Technologies to join our team of researchers, behavioral scientists and technologists in our Portsmouth, NH location.
The platforms you build are recognized for advancing the science of consumer behavior, performing ethically sourced advanced consumer behavior research, producing sophisticated and beautiful visualized data output, and revealing insights unlike any other tech in the industry.
Your colleagues will be among the best in the world as well as recognized Market Research Industry leaders in the fields of Neuroscience, Psychology, Sociology, Implicit (Non-Conscious) Research, Artificial Intelligence, Consumer Insights, and cutting-edge scalable technology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
As the Director of Research Technologies, you will own the strategy and execution of all our modular research technology platforms. This role is highly strategic and will report directly to the CTO. It will require close partnership, communication, and collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders, including Marketing, Client Services, Research Operations, and senior leadership. It will require close relationships with external partners such as complementary research platforms seeking to embed our technologies into their offerings.
You will help lead a growing platform design and development team that is expert in data processing, fault tolerance, distributing true scientific methodologies with tech, AI implementation, API development, automated analysis, and global scalability across both .NET and open-source stacks.
You will work independently and be empowered with decision-making authority reflecting a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. You will execute the vision of the company as defined by internal stakeholders, as well as contribute to the vision with your knowledge and experience.
This role presents significant technical, analytical and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated track record of delivering B2B/B2C SaaS platforms in an agile environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the discipline of platform and infrastructure management, creating a roadmap managing various platforms, and collaborating with the product and development team on best practices
- Experience leading and prioritizing work tracks targeted at the intersection of feature development, market opportunities, and operational efficiency of various products and technologies
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple product development schedules
- Demonstrated track record of transforming a company’s business and technology objectives into actionable technical initiatives
- Demonstrated track record of making tradeoff and investment decisions across multiple opportunities / products / stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of leading a development team
- Experience with the AWS product suite, including but not limited to EC2, S3, ELB, Cloudfront, DynamoDB, Lambda
- Experience with and knowledge of the capabilities of languages, libraries and components up and down the stack, including but not limited to MySQL, .NET, WebAPI and Python
- Experience with design and development practices for creating secure and efficient APIs consumed by developer end-users and partners
- Experience with designing the proper data sources per the operational needs of the platform, including relational databases, in-memory databases and mass object storage
- Experience with full-stack development in a fault tolerant and globally scalable infrastructure
- Demonstrated impeccable written and oral communication up and down the organization, with both in-house and remote team members, and across technical units, peers in complementary business units and senior leadership
- 7+ years of experience working in a platform and product development field (engineering, management, solutions design, analytics, product development)
- 4+ years working with technical teams in a product ownership role
- BA/BS or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Statistics, Psychology or related field
- Experience with quantitative market research methods, including accurate and precise data collection, data analysis, and output/visualization.
- Experience partnering with business and technical stakeholders to think through proof-of-concept solutions, how they fit in the overall product suite, whether they will be viable, how they will be maintained
- Experience deploying sound cyber security tactics throughout all components of the stack
- Knowledge of the capabilities of R
- Proximity to work at least part time in our Portsmouth, NH headquarters beginning around Q4 2021.
- Experience leading in-house, contract, onshore and offshore developers
- Strong knowledge of the current and future capabilities and user share of end-user devices: computers, smartphones, tablets, web browsers and mobile apps
- MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Psychology, or other quantitative discipline
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan, profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance. Flexible remote working policy.
MBA or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Psychology, or other quantitative discipline.
Niche Grade for Portsmouth, NH
Niche Grade for Scottsdale, NH
Ask An Employee
Do you have a question for a Sentient employee? Reach out and our staff will help!