Research Director, Behavioral Sciences
Sentient Decision Science is a behavioral science-based research and consulting firm. Sentient was created to bring the visionary advances from the behavioral sciences to the business community in a practical and accessible form in order to move global business forward.
Sentient Decision Science is seeking a Research Director to join our team of researchers, behavioral scientists and technologists in our Portsmouth, NH or Scottsdale, AZ locations.
The Research Director is responsible for all aspects of quantitative research projects from design, implementation to fulfillment. These responsibilities include methodological / experimental design, study instrument creation, data analysis plans, data modeling, and delivery of concise visual and written narratives with recommendations and key actions. The Research Director is also responsible for managing the work of internal team members and is a critical source of their professional development.
The Research Director role is client facing and requires excellent communication, data visualization & presentation skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work solo or in tandem with client leads and behavioral scientists to design quantitative behavioral science-based research studies using advanced tools including choice based conjoint, MaxDiff and other trade-off-based measures, explicit questions, implicit association testing, eye-tracking, facial action coding and other specialized technologies
- Lead the research design analysis components of project kick-off meetings to ensure alignment with critical business / client learning goals and within specifications of client approved proposals
- Create clear analysis plan based on the research design and elements of the study instrument that establishes research hypotheses and sketches the broad storyboard outline of anticipated results
- Create and author succinct narratives to ensure all research objectives are met through inspiring written and visual insights, conclusions, and recommendations
- Present or co-present research results to clients demonstrating a deep understanding of the data, analysis approach, key findings and implications. Stimulate client actions
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan, profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance. Flexible remote working policy.
- • 10+ years of experience revealing broad skill set in the implementation and fulfillment of quantitative research
- • Solid expertise in both fundamental and advance research and analysis
- • Fluency in Choice Based Conjoint and advanced data modeling
- • Fluency with advanced data modeling including multiple regression, analysis of variance, factor analytic data reduction models, bootstrapping, and time series analysis is required
- • Knowledge of hierarchical linear modeling, structural equation modeling, and Bayesian statistics
- • Ideal candidates will have a demonstrable track record leading internal project teams responsible for all aspects of quantitative research studies. This includes research design, study instrument creation, data analysis plans, data modeling, report design and written insights both in a production as well as supervisory role
- • Ability to be fully engaged in work, demonstrate creative problem solving, inspire others with work output, and focused on personal and professional growth a must
Ask An Employee
Do you have a question for a Sentient employee? Reach out and our staff will help!