Director of Sonic Insights
Sentient Decision Science is a behavioral science-based research and consulting firm. Sentient was created to bring the visionary advances from the behavioral sciences to the business community in a practical and accessible form in order to move global business forward.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is seeking an experienced client services director to act as the lead and primary liaison between the company and a significant strategic partner account (Partner).
In this role, you will act as a primary liaison for day-to-day business between Sentient and Partner, building constructive & affiliative working relationships to ultimately solidify Sentient’s reputation as a best-in-class organization, by
- Managing a research program designed to build new knowledge on the human emotional response to sound, deepen a database of norms and benchmarks, refine emotional measurement tools, and provide content for marketing and sales campaigns
- Developing and updating a rolling monthly production and marketing calendar of sonic emotion research-on-research projects
- Managing research-on-research projects based on a rolling calendar
- Acting as the primary liaison to strengthen the relationship between Sentient and Partner
- Analyzing results in collaboration with Partner and identifying important insights and storylines for our marketing campaigns
- Conducting insights analyses & delivering consultant-style presentations, to clients shared with Partner, that build the company’s credibility as both research expert & trusted advisor
- Generating incremental business opportunities to expand our sonic testing business in collaboration with our Partner to hit year-over-year revenue targets
- Providing quick-response access for proposal/project scoping & rough budget quotes
- Working with business leaders and behavioral scientists in the Sentient Consumer Subconscious Research Lab to generate new knowledge on the human emotional response to sound
- Managing the further development of a sonic database of emotional response
- Identifying and drafting thought pieces from lab research, client engagements, and secondary research for Sales and PR purposes
The successful candidate will be able to build credibility & trust within both internal teams as well as external organizations by managing & delivering on client expectations, anticipating/identifying opportunities to add value, obtaining & responding to feedback.
The ideal candidate would have prior experience and a personal interest in consumer insights, marketing or advertising research and/or behavioral science, as well as a strong desire to learn & develop career skills in one or more of these categories.
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan, profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance. Flexible remote working policy.
• Translating client business needs into New Sales Opportunities
• Writing Effective Proposals & Winning new projects
Serving as an effective Primary Source of Contact between Sentient & the Client Organization
• Managing Fluent & Timely Communication on all aspects of the business relationship
• Building trust as a reliable resource (available, competent, timely, trustworthy)
• Establishing & nurturing long-term interpersonal relationships
Translating behavioral research results into actionable business insights
• Assessing implications of research results & translating into business recommendations
• Value-added analysis & presentation
• Shared Responsibility & Ultimate Accountability for achieving the strongest possible client assessment of the value of our products
Establishing & maintaining productive workflows w/ cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams
• Maintain effective and positive relationships with shared resource team-members
• Flawless Internal Project management
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Excellent interpersonal influence skills, is service-oriented, and able to gain & maintain trust across a diverse group of individuals
• Is well organized, diligent and able to manage a large number of activities & stakeholders simultaneously
• Has an intellectual thirst for understanding how humans feel and behave (i.e., behavioral science), and the implications of this knowledge for business
• Has a strong work ethic, and is willing to reach outside the scope of his/her role to deliver the highest quality of work
Ideal experience includes
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in a research, insights or planning function within a client organization or advertising agency
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
Ability and willingness to travel
• Strong references
Ask An Employee
Do you have a question for a Sentient employee? Reach out and our staff will help!