The Sentient Technologies division of Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is seeking an experienced sales account executive to serve in a business development role for our flagship Sentient Prime implicit research technology.
We are looking for someone with experience in the market research and marketing insights field (client or supplier side) who views non-conscious measurement as critical to the future consumer insights.
This role holds the exciting responsibility of making the measurement of the consumer subconscious globally accessible to any researcher interested in the nonconscious motivations driving behavior. You will be working with the industry’s leading implicit research technology and will be capitalizing on volumes of inbound interest in our methods.
The sales account executive is responsible for increasing Sentient Prime implicit research technology Software as a Service (SaaS) revenue in the market research industry and beyond, by capitalizing on incoming and outgoing sales activities.
You will be working with industry leading technologists and scientists to help the most progressive players in market research execute true non-conscious research methods and achieve a higher standard of consumer behavioral insight.
You will also be helping the company with marketing efforts, traveling to visit customers, represent us at industry events and numerous other sales marketing and business development activities—all in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will generate new business, capitalize on volumes of incoming leads as well as conduct their own lead generation, qualify the opportunities, communicate with Sentient leadership up and down the organization, and close new business.
- Generate new implicit research technology customers, close on sales opportunities and increase Sentient Prime’s market share
- Cultivate new leads, consistently develop and maintain a pipeline sufficient to meet quarterly and annual quota requirements
- Consistently achieve individual sales quotas as well as sales activity metrics
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement in Salesforce
- Conduct a high volume of daily outbound sales activities to educate prospects and client about the value of Sentient Prime, including (but not limited to) the science behind Sentient Prime, the ease of integration, the nature of data delivered, and how to use Sentient Prime for specific business applications
- Gather insight from customers and prospects on features and workflows that would improve the Sentient Prime experience and work with Sentient technologists to integrate insights into Sentient Prime technology
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years prior experience with technical sales and/or market research sales.
- Demonstrated success in new customer acquisition and growth of new business.
- Proven experience developing and maintaining a pipeline
- Track record of success reflected in quota performance for the last five years.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and time management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills
- Highly driven sales individual with strong desire to succeed, ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Ability to independently prospect and develop new client bases, through:
- Strong prospecting and qualification skills
- Solid closing capabilities and a strong focus on results
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Understanding of SaaS (subscription) model
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.