Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is looking for an associate analyst.
Summary of Overall Job Function
The associate analyst position is a strong thinker who is motivated to produce exceptional research work based on precise statistical analysis. The ideal candidate has strong analytic skills and is able to express ideas clearly and cogently, both in writing and verbally. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable deriving conclusions and client recommendations from behavioral science data analysis and communicating the application of basic statistical analyses to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Data Collection Support
- Online study programming
- Logic testing all skip patterns and quotas
- Ensuring data integrity
- Monitoring quotas and incidence
- Quantitative data processing, including cleaning data, writing syntax, weighting data, estimating utilities, coding open-ends, creating analysis variables, creating choice simulators, creating tables
- Qualitative data processing, including writing daily observations, notating video/audio clips, creating video files for editing, creating images of collateral
- Basic statistical testing
- Analyzing data patterns
- Running simulations based on choice and emotional data
- Forming story building blocks through analytics
- Pressure testing hypotheses against current knowledge
- Creating story by pulling key insights from data analysis into a coherent structure
- Creating the central data comparison graphics based on analyses that illustrate the core components of the story
- Creating data dashboards
- Proofing data and typography
- Incorporating visual elements
Experience, Education & Other Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year program at a recognized college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Up to two years of market research experience is a plus
- Strong data analytics and research design skills required. Experience with SPSS or other statistical package necessary. Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be fully engaged in work, demonstrate creative problem solving, inspire others with work output, and focused on personal and professional growth a must
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan and profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.