Sentient Decision Science is looking to fill a Platform Architect role for our growing team. Sentient Decision Science is named among the top 50 most innovative market research companies in the world for 2016, 2017, and again in 2018. Sentient is an industry leader in consumer behavior research products and solutions that employ conscious techniques and non-conscious techniques, notably featuring the Sentient Prime®, our flagship research technology platform. Sentient Prime is the world’s leading subconscious research technology subscription service: scientifically validated, market proven, globally scalable and platform agnostic across desktop computers, tablets and smartphone devices worldwide.
The ideal candidate will be a player/coach with an excellent ability to ascertain new technologies, scientific principles and small- to mid-sized business processes. The ideal candidate will possess a track record and communication skills demonstrating outstanding technical acumen, and prove both willing and able to actively guide and mentor the development team in collaboration with the company’s Strategic Technologist, research analysts and senior leadership. The candidate should be hands-on and be able to both review and write code as well as help drive the proper architecture for implementation of a world-class, data rich, scientifically-grounded distributed application.
The ideal candidate will possess a formal education in a computer science or data science discipline, and/or have played a senior role in development of a first class distributed application as a developer, analyst, and/or architect at points in their career.
Finally, the ideal candidate must share our team’s passion, integrity, drive and creativity in building something the world has never seen before, which will change the face of consumer behavior research as well as the understanding of human decision-making itself.
Requirements, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new applications, features and architectural upgrades across the data tier and business logic tier, with understanding of how to optimize for the presentation tier
- Work with other developers, senior leadership, Ph.D-level scientific experts and product designers to brainstorm and test new ideas and prototypes
- Ascertain and execute key scientific principles that are essential to our platform’s success
- Drive to continuously maintain the highest product quality and a passion for perfection
- Collaborate with senior leadership to help drive our roadmap and feature development
- Collaborate across departments (design, sales, marketing, research, customer support) to understand user needs, prioritize new features, communicate future implementations, and create technical documentation
- Collaborate with senior leadership to manage the timetable for delivery of new features
- Participate on occasional calls with clients and prospects to understand unmet product needs and explore new opportunities
- 10+ years experience as a software/web engineer, database developer, or similar role, with at least the most recent 5+ years in high-availability, distributed application development
- A proven track record of working with designers and leading developers to accomplish truly novel offerings
- The ability to dive right into a complex project and manage it from start to finish
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding small- to medium-sized business environment
- Impeccable problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Experience with Performance Optimization for web applications
- Preference for working in rapid development cycles (2-4 weeks)
- Familiarity with common logistical tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- Obsessively thorough with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Specific Technology Experience and Knowledge
- ASP.NET, Web API, REST
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, CloudFront, ELB, SQS)
- MySQL / Amazon RDS
- API implementations: ASP.NET web API, REST
- MVC Frameworks
- Preferred, but not required:
- Comfort and competency with asset creation tools, e.g. Photoshop or GIMP
- Experience with CSS “pipeline” tools, specifically SASS
- R and Rscript
Compensation will be commensurate with the quality of the candidate’s qualifications, an indication of how quickly he/she can ramp up on both our technology as well as on the general principles of behavioral research, and how effectively he/she can illustrate a shared passion in achieving unprecedented success in the behavioral research industry.
Employment with Sentient offers:
- 20 days of paid time off (PTO)
- Eight paid annual holidays
- Health insurance coverage with employer contribution
- Group life insurance coverage
- Dental Insurance coverage
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer contribution regardless of employee contribution
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.