Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is looking for a research manager.
Summary of Overall Job Function
The research manager position is responsible for managing research projects that utilize advanced techniques from start to finish and ensuring that projects meet client needs and Sentient’s high research standards. Research managers manage the work of a team of analysts, research support staff and key vendor relationships.
In addition, the research manager position is client facing, including participation in needs analysis business development meetings, design and analysis meetings and results presentations. The research manager travels with the account team when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Devising sampling plans, determining representativeness, establishing quotas, ensuring acceptable error margins
- Consulting with directors and behavioral scientists on experimental design and on advanced method design (Implicit research technology, CBC, Maxdiff, EEG, SCR, Eye-tracking)
- Quantitative study instrument design with traditional attitudinal and behavioral questions along with with advanced design components, specifying all skip and quota logic
- Creating data analysis plans including a priori hypotheses and predictive models
- Developing qualitative recruiting and moderator’s guides
- Online study programming
- Logic testing all skip patterns and quotas
- Ensuring data integrity
Data Collection Management
- Monitoring and managing all moving parts of qualitative and quantitative studies
- Monitoring quotas and incidence
- Quantitative data processing including cleaning data, writing syntax, weighting data, estimating utilities, directing and coding open-ends, creating analysis variables, creating choice simulators, creating tables
- Qualitative data processing including writing daily observations, notating video and audio clips, creating video files for editing, create images of collateral
- Basic statistical testing
- Building predictive models
- Analyzing data patterns
- Running simulations based on choice and emotional data
- Forming story building blocks through analytics
- Pulling quotes, video and collateral images to support story
- Pressure testing hypotheses against current knowledge
- Creating story by pulling key insights from data analysis into a coherent structure
- Ensuring all research objectives are addressed
- Creating the central data comparison graphics based on analyses that illustrate the core components of the story
- Creating data dashboards
- Proofing data and typography
- Writing conclusions and recommendations
- Incorporating visual elements to tell the story
- Presenting final insights to clients, as needed
- Inspiring audiences to take recommended actions based on insights and evidence
Experience, Education & Other Skills
- The position requires 4-7 years of market research experience as well as project management experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; behavioral science focus a plus (psychology, sociology, economics, neuroscience, cultural anthropology)
- Strong data analytics and research design skills required. Proficiency in SPSS or other statistical package. Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel a must
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects at once a must.
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to be fully engaged in work, demonstrate creative problem solving, inspire others with work output, and focused on personal and professional growth a must
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan and profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.