Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is looking for a director of behavioral science.
Summary of Overall Job Function
The director of behavioral science position is a primary research position at Sentient Decision Science. In this position, you will work closely with all members of the research team including vice presidents, directors, managers and senior and associate analysts. This position is physically located in Sentient’s Portsmouth, NH office and currently reports to Aaron Reid, Ph.D., Chief Behavioral Scientist.
The director of behavioral science position is responsible for creating and directing research projects that utilize traditional and advanced techniques from start to finish and ensuring that projects meet client needs and Sentient’s high research standards. Directors manage the work of a team of research managers, analysts, research support staff and key vendor relationships.
In addition, the director of behavioral science position is client facing, including participation in needs analysis meetings when necessary, design and analysis meetings and results presentations. The director of behavioral science travels with the client account team when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Custom Research design
- Devising sampling plans, including determining representativeness, establishing quotas, and ensuring acceptable error margins
- Creating, and directing the creation of, experimental design on custom research projects
- Creating, and directing the creation of, advanced method design on custom research projects including implicit research technology, choice based conjoint, MaxDiff, CBC, eye-tracking, facial coding and EEG and psychophysiological measures
- Overseeing quantitative study instrument design including traditional attitudinal and behavioral questions incorporated with advanced design components
- Creating, and directing the creation of, data analysis plans including a priori hypotheses and predictive statistical models
- Overseeing the development of qualitative recruiting and moderator’s guides
- Building, and directing the building of, predictive models
- Analyzing, and directing the analysis of, data patterns
- Forming story building blocks through analytics
- Pressure testing hypotheses against current knowledge
- Creating, and directing the creation of, story by pulling key insights from data analysis into a coherent structure.
- Ensuring all research objectives are addressed
- Overseeing insights conclusions and business recommendations
- Presenting final insights when necessary
- Inspiring audiences to take recommended actions based on insights and evidence
- In addition to the above primary responsibilities, this position of director of behavioral science is expected to contribute to Sentientʼs behavioral science thought leadership work including contributing to the Sentient Decision Science blog and newsletters on consumer psychology and the application of behavioral science to business
Experience, Education & Other Skills
- The position requires 8-10 years of market research experience
- Master’s Degree preferred – behavioral science focus a plus (psychology, sociology, economics, neuroscience, cultural anthropology)
- Strong data analytics and research design skills required. Proficiency in SPSS or other statistical package. Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel a must
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple projects at once a must. Strong presentation and relationship management skills
- Ability to be fully engaged in work, demonstrate creative problem solving, inspire others with work output, and focused on personal and professional growth a must
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K Plan and profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.