We are looking for an application developer for our growing Sentient Prime® team. Sentient Prime® is the world’s leading subconscious consumer behavior research technology platform – globally scalable and platform agnostic across PCs, tablets and smartphone devices.
The ideal candidate will be a player/coach with an excellent ability to ascertain new technologies, scientific principles and small- to mid-sized business processes.
The ideal candidate will possess a track record and communication skills demonstrating outstanding technical acumen, and prove both willing and able to actively work with the development team in collaboration with the company’s Software Architect, Strategic Technologist, research analysts and senior leadership.
The candidate should be hands-on and be able to both review and write code as well as help drive the proper architecture for implementation of a world-class, data rich, scientifically-grounded distributed application.
The ideal candidate will possess a formal education in a computer science or data science discipline, and/or have played an intermediate to senior role in development of a world-class distributed application as a developer, analyst, and/or architect at points in their career.
Finally, the ideal candidate must share our team’s passion, integrity, drive and creativity in building something the world has never seen before, which will change the face of consumer behavior research as well as the understanding of human decision-making itself.
Requirements, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new applications, features and fixes across the data tier and business logic tier, with understanding of how to optimize for the presentation tier
- Work with other developers, senior leadership, scientific experts and product designers to brainstorm and test new ideas and prototypes
- Ascertain key scientific principles that are essential to our platform’s success
- Exhibit both a drive to continuously maintain the highest product quality and a passion for perfection
- Demonstrate the continuous ability to understand user needs, develop new features and implementations, and create technical documentation
- Collaborate with the software architect and development team to manage the timetable for delivery of new features
- Collaborate with internal technical and business stakeholders to understand product needs and explore best paths toward execution
- 5+ years experience as a software/web engineer on high-performing data-driven applications, preferably in a distributed application architecture
- A proven track record of working with designers and leading developers to develop applications the world has never seen
- Proven, demonstrable ability to dive right into a complex project and develop components from start to finish, asking the appropriate questions along the way
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding small- to medium-sized business environment
- Impeccable problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Experience with Performance Optimization for web applications
- The ability to define and demonstrate how to develop a scalable and an extensible code base
- Preference for working in rapid development cycles (2-4 weeks)
- Familiarity with common logistical tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments
- Obsessively thorough with an eye for detail
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Specific Technology Experience and Knowledge
- MySQL 5
- Amazon Web Services products (EC2, S3, CloudFront, ELB, SQS)
- MVC Frameworks
- R and Rscript
- HTML4, HTML5 (both standard and proposed features)
- CSS, SCSS
- API implementations: ASP.NET web services, REST
- Gearman or similar performance optimization tool
- NoSQL platforms, preferably Cassandra
- Comfort and competency with asset creation tools, e.g. Photoshop or GIMP
- Experience with CSS “pipeline” tools, specifically SASS
Compensation will be commensurate with the quality of the candidate’s qualifications, an indication of how quickly he/she can ramp up on both our technology as well as on the general principles of behavioral research, and how effectively he/she can illustrate a shared passion in achieving unprecedented success in the behavioral research industry.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of NH and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.