Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is looking for a highly motivated administrative assistant.
We are seeking an administrative assistant with professional drive, strong organizational skills, and a willingness to go above and beyond the job description to help the team achieve our goals. The successful candidate will be a team player who is self-motivated and is seeking to gain additional responsibility within the organization over time.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel and PowerPoint proficiency) is required. Excellent oral and written communications skills are essential to success in this position.
Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Maintaining executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Welcoming guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Maintaining customer confidence with professional and timely communication
- Protecting operations by keeping information confidential
- Preparing reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Organizing and maintaining files and records
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Managing projects and conducting research
- Maintaining office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Developing and maintaining professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications, establishing networks, and participating in professional groups
- Mail collection and delivery
- Maintaining department calendars, contacts, and tasks
- Maintaining the clean, professional appearance of conference room, kitchen, lab, and reception area
- Scheduling and coordinating participants for the lab during study periods
- Greeting, processing, and prepping participants for lab studies including NDA and voluntary participation forms.
- Providing administrative and clerical support to the Sentient staff
- Other general office duties as required.
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude
- Identify and solve problems
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Experience and Education
- The position requires a minimum of 2-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university preferred; Associates degree required
- Ability to be fully engaged in work, demonstrate creative problem solving, inspire others with work output, and focused on personal and professional growth a must
Competitive compensation and excellent benefits including 401K plan and profit sharing, health, dental, and disability insurance.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH. Portsmouth is an Atlantic coastal city an hour north of Boston and 45 minutes from Portland, ME. The city is a cultural hub for the surrounding Seacoast area with a world-class restaurant and arts scene.
Portsmouth is an idyllic New England micro-city that offers a high standard of living and is an outdoor activity playground with easy access to hiking and skiing in the mountains of New Hampshire and kayaking on the rivers, lakes and ocean. Sentient has additional corporate offices in Scottsdale, AZ.
About Sentient Decision Science
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is a leading behavioral science based research and consulting firm. Sentient practices at the innovative edge of behavioral science and business. Our research practice uncovers deep insight into the drivers of consumer behavior through the coupling of our Implicit Research Technology with advanced choice based and observational research techniques.
The behavioral economics consulting practice provides unique experimental design to deliver unrivaled insight into the true drivers of behavior in the marketplace. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for understanding the true whys behind behavior and who are eager to make a contribution to the overall industry.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com Learn more about Sentient Decision Science, Inc. at www.sentientdecisonscience.com. You may also follow us on Twitter @SentientInsight.
Sentient Decision Science, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.